PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-1082, PXIe-8135RT, MXI, and Signal express

I was dismayed when I realized I cannot use SignalExpress from my host laptop to my PXIe-1082 chassis with its PXIe-8135RT controller.  So I have a few questions as to options...

Can I put a PXIe MXI slave interface into slot 4 of the 1082 chassis (The timing slot)?

Can a PXIe MXI slave interface coexist with an active PXIe-8135RT (LabView RT) controller on the same chassis) or would I have to pull the controller to use the MXI interface?

Would SignalExpress on my host work with an EC MXI card?

If MXI isn't feasible, if I were to install LabView (I have the platform bundle) on a second hard drive to swap with my RT PXIe hard drive, would I have to buy another set of licenses?

All I want to do is have the option of using Signal Express with my PXIe hardware, but it's looking like there's no easy option. 

Thanks,

XL600

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,429 Views)

Hi,

Yes you can use a MXI system with a RT controller.

Take a look at this document about MXI configuration with RT: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6DD52E97DE5D9333862571BD0073CF3E?OpenDocument. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,374 Views)

xl600,

You can't use MXI to connect to the chassis from your laptop AND from a PXIe-8135RT controller.  There are 2 ways to use it:

1. MXI from your laptop to a MXI card in slot 1 of the 1082 (replacing the 8135)

2. MXI from slot 2+ to another chassis, where there's a MXI card in slot 1 of the 2nd chassis (= add a chassis, still doesn't connect to your laptop)

I don't think these are what you're wanting to do.  I don't know about the licensing so I can't comment on that.

- Robert

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,371 Views)

I see.  That makes sense, but it's still unfortunate signal express can't handle this.

thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,368 Views)