From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe 1073 Input Grounding

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I was wondering how the grounds from the hybrid slots of a PXIe 1073 chassis are connected within the chassis. I'm using 3 PXI 6255 cards, though I don't believe that makes a difference. What I'm looking for is whether they are tied together or not, or similar information. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,835 Views)

I apologize as I realized my wording might not have been very clear. I'm curious as to if the AI GND pins in the PXI 6255, once connected to a PXIe 1073 chassis, would then be separate in the chassis from another 6255 that is also connected, or would these grounds be connected to a common ground? If it's not one of these two possibilities, then any information about where these grounds are connected to would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,825 Views)

Every card in a PXI chassis will be isolated in regards to Analog inputs and outputs. The cards themselves may share a common power/ground rail, but the measurements will be isolated.

Regards,

Brandon V.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,821 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kyh637

UPDATE: I was incorrect. Please refer to the following KB:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/02A451C0A88A3EAE8625702F0059C98E

Regards,

Brandon V.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,815 Views)

@BVeezy wrote:

UPDATE: I was incorrect. Please refer to the following KB:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/02A451C0A88A3EAE8625702F0059C98E

Regards,

Brandon V.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

Yeah, I discovered that not long ago.  Every ground on DAQ cards are tied to the chassis ground.  It is just that each type of ground (DGND, AGND) have their own planes on the card itself.  And chassis ground will be going to Earth Ground, in case that matters to you.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,813 Views)