PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe 1071 remote power up

The PXIe 1071 chassis is located inside a panel which is normally kept closed. Every day morning at start of shift, the operator has to open the panel door and switch ON the White button in front of the controller. This is something they are not happy doing as the panel does have high voltage switchgear at the bottom level.

Earlier with PCI boards and normal Induatrial computer we could wire the Power ON / OFF button to a switch outside the panel. Whihc was in parallel with the built in power switch of the PC.

I would like to get the same functioanlity with the PXI also, as noted below :

- When the panel is powered up, the PXI also powers up and loads the WIN7 OS.

- The operator launches the application and completes testing.

- When done he quits the application, shuts down the PC.

- Powers down the panel and goes home.

I have already treid to read the manual which talks of a SW1 switch but the description is quite ambigous as to what it does :

When switch 1 of SW1 is on, the backplane controls the power supply on/off state. This allows you to circumvent the controller and turn the chassis on/off manually. When switch 1 of SW1 is on, the power supply turns on when you press the front panel power switch....

I really am not clear as to what hey are trying to say. And since the system is now with client, I need to be sure before I propose to change default settings. Trial and error will look not so good.

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(5,141 Views)