From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI2567 driver

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a PXI2567..Labview 2014.

I'm using the vi shown below ( control relay.png)  which I created into a subvi.  I call this subvi a number of times in a row in my main vi.  The purpose is to close 5 or 6 different relays at a time.  When I get to the 5th relay it doesn't close it.  I can tell because its suppose to drive a motor and the motor isn't turning.  If I open the relay subvi and make the "reset boolean device" to true and put in the relay that controls the motor..run it.. it works...BUT all the other relays drop out.  I know this is suppose to happen but I don't want the others to drop out.  I need them engaged for my test to pass.  First I thought I was using the wrong ni switch vis and went into MAX...PINOUTs for my device.  It suggested a vi I have attached ( niswitch connect chs.png) but this vi wants to connect 2 channels together.  All I want to do is close my relay.  I have the relays configured in hardware as shown in the attached ( PXI2567 independent.png).

Questions:

Am I using the right NI switch vi for the pxi 2567??
How much current should my supply put out in order to close 5-6 pxi 2567 relays at a time?  Couldn't find that ANY WHERE in the specs.

I'm using "K1" to close a particular relay.  MAX uses ch1.  When I put ch into my subvi I get an error and have to go back to using "K".

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,983 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clint1000

The niSwitch Control Relay VI is the correct VI to use to close relays in the independent topology configuration of the PXI-2567. Have you made sure that the relay isn't being closed by checking the Switch Soft Front Panel? If you look at the relays (listed from k0 to k63) you can see if they are opened or closed after running your subVI using the correct relay name (i.e k4). You can also confirm the relays are working by connecting a channel to the corresponding com (ch0-com0) and checking to make sure the relay position changes from opened to closed. 

Regardless of your power supply current, the switches should open and close in the card without anything connected to them, so I doubt that is the problem. There is a maximum current specification, above which the relays could get damaged, but as long as the module is in the chassis and the chassis is powered on the switches should open and close. 

Mena S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(3,932 Views)

Thanks Menay...thats exactly what I did and found other relays closed from previous testing that I hadn't expected.  I'd still like to know how much current the relay(s) draw when they are commanded to close.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,911 Views)

I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue! As for the current drawn by the individual relays when they close, we do not spec that out. The specification for this card that would be relevant is the total power requirement. For your reference, I have linked the specification sheet for the PXI-2567 below.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373469e.pdf

Have a great day!

Mena S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,903 Views)