From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI signal routing - disappeared?

Hello,

I am trying to route the ao/sampleclock signal to the ai/sampleclock signal on a PXI-6259 DAQ card.  The routing table in MAX shows that this is an indirect route through the trigger bus.  Also, this used to be no problem before today...

This morning, I moved a bunch of cards around in my chassis and added some new ones.  When I booted up, all the cards were recognized and I tried to run my app but the error popped up:

So I checked the chassis in MAX, and it had a little X by the icon and said something to the effect of "chassis unavailable during PCI backplane initialization".  Unfortunately, I didn't have the foresight to write down the exact text.  I deleted the chassis identification, and re-identified it, did a reboot, and now it shows as "chassis properly configured", but the error still persists.  The daq card test panels work, and the other cards seem to function correctly, just routing the signal doesn't work.  I'm not sure where to go from here...as I mentioned, this was no problem before moving cards around, and I don't think it should be an issue.

My setup is:
PXI-1042 chassis with PXI-8310 Starfabric interface controller (connected to laptop)
PXI-6259 DAQ card in slot1
other devices in remaining slots
LabVIEW 7.1.1
MAX 4.1.0
DAQmx 8.3.1f0

Any help would be great.  I'll gladly provide any more information that is necessary.

Thanks,
Jon

Message Edited by bigg_jon on 04-09-2007 12:04 PM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,967 Views)
Ok, I got it working.

I'm not sure exactly what was the catalyst for success, but here is what I did to get it going again in case someone else may find it useful.

In MAX, I went to Tools | NI-VISA | VISA Options and selected "Show all devices accessible to VISA" under General Settings.
Then I restarted MAX and deleted the configured PXI Chassis.
Rebooted computer.
Opened MAX.  Right-clicked PXI System and selected Show PXI buses.  Now the devices showed up under the one bus.  Identify that bus as my chassis and enjoy.

This is mostly described in KB article 3QUFEIKQ located at http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7849D6B8F5FD5925862570EE005E930D 

Jon
Message 2 of 2
(2,958 Views)