cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI controller

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey,

i want to assemble a TestSystem with NI hardware.

I started with a PXI/SCXI chassis, but stumbled into PXIe chassis (compatible with PXI,  because of NI recomandations) and started configuring(shopping wizard) this system with  Ao module, etc; but suddenly, a popup appeared that i had to add a controller ??? Is this (4000 Euro controller) realy necessary ??? Can I not use a standard 700 Euro MS W7/8 PC ?

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,810 Views)
Solution
Accepted by kdCMC
Of course you can use a standard pc. For connecting to the chassis, you have several options.

http://sine.ni.com/np/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/pxictrl/lang/en/pg/1/sn/n25:controller,n24:PXI-FSLASH-Com...
Message 2 of 4
(4,798 Views)
Solution
Accepted by kdCMC

Hello kdCMC,

As Dennis noted, a MXI link with a PC could also be a good solution (depending on your needs).

Also don't hesitate to call into your local office (see ni.com/contact) to discuss multiple solutions with my technical sales colleagues.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 3 of 4
(4,782 Views)
Thierry makes a good point about contacting your local Sales Engineer and one I should have mentioned. There are advantages/disadvantages with embedded versus remote that should be discussed before you commit to a purchase.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,767 Views)