PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI Service Manager crashed

Hi,

I try to update our NI system from Labview 2009 to 2014 on Windows XP.

I installing Labview 2014 and a couple of drivers without any warnings or errors. But when I restart the system and wait ~1 minute in the Windows login screen, I get an error message regarding the PXI Service Manager.

As a next step I unistalled all NI programs. The error message did not shown.

I installed Labview 2014 14.0.0 and no error message at reboot.

I installed the NI-488.2 14.0.0 driver and I got the error again at the next reboot.

The error message is:

nipxism.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x675607bd" referenced memory at "0x0189ffd8". The memory could not be read.

I have attached the Windows error log.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,621 Views)

Hi,

I dug a little bit deeper into Windows.

Even If I start the Service manually, it crashes after 4-5 seconds.

From the Windows event log, I have the following error message:

Event Type:        Error

Event Source:    Application Error

Event Category:                (100)

Event ID:              1000

Date:                     05/02/2016

Time:                     14:51:25

User:                     N/A

Computer:          BCU09

Description:

Faulting application nipxism.exe, version 3.1.0.49152, faulting module NIPXIeSMu.dll, version 14.0.0.49152, fault address 0x000107bd.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,617 Views)

Hi Martin,

The error that you get is related to the NI PXI Resource Manager Service. This service identifies PXI and PXI Express systems and manages shared resources. If it is disabled or stopped the PXI and PXI Express devices may lose some or all functionality.

Those have been said if you plan not to use any PXI or PXIe hardware it is worth trying to deactivate the NI PXI Resource Manager Service and see if that solves the issue.

You can deactivate the Service by opening the Start Menu and type services.msc in the search box and press enter. Then look for the NI PXI Resource Manager Service and you can right click stop it or double click on the Service and for Startup type you can Disable it. Then after restarting the PC the error should disappear if the service is disables during start up. 

Please try this and then let me know how you are going on.

Kind regards,

Mihnea T.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,529 Views)