PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI_Clk10 synchronization

Hello,
I need to synchronize all DAQ cards within my PXI chassis with the same timebase. I managed to do it by routing 20Mhz timebase of a E-series DAQ board through the PXI_Trig7 line of the PXI bus.
It works great, but now my problem is to do the same in the case of multi-chassis configurations. I would need to connect this clock from one DAQ board of the first chassis to the second one, but this would need specific cabling and I think this way is not the most convenient.

I tried to initially synchronize all the cards on my single PXI chassis system on the 10MHz chassis clock, also known as PXI_Clk10, but I discovered this signal was not available for E-series DAQ boards : I tried to route /6040E_1/PXI_Clk10 and it produces an error.
I only saw this signal was available for M-series board or the (very expensive) PXI 6653 boards.
I do not really understand why this signal is not usable with this generation of DAQ boards, as PXI_Clk10 seems to be part of the PXI standard and multi-chassis synchronization is naturally available through BNC chain connection.

As an alternative, I perform routing of PXI_Clk10 from a M-series board in each chassis to the PXI_Trig7 to be used as timebase reference. It works well but my problem is that some of our systems do not have M-series board available...

Is there a simple way to use PXI_Clk10 for any DAQ board installed in a PXI chassis ?

Message Edité par Inpriser le 08-17-2006 04:17 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,847 Views)