From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 8512 CAN card does not show up in MAX on RT PXI System

I have NI-CAN 14.0 and NI-XNET 14.5 installed on my PXI RT system and the PXI-8512 can card does not show up in my PXI chassis.  What am I missing?  Please see the attached picture.

Programming Data Acquisition and Control in Measurement Studio and Labwindows/CVI
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,010 Views)

i had had a trouble like that. i just installed the NI device drivers and the NI PXI platforms services. Now my boards show up but i can not use them and i do not know why.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,990 Views)

Hi Michael,

I saw a nearly identical issue, and it was resolved by trying the 8512 in different slots until one worked.

Can you try the 8512 card in the other slots of the 1082?

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,982 Views)

Allow me to give a little more information before I try that.

This morning (after last nights PXI reset) I noticed that the CAN device was visible.  I used MAX to read some CAN data and then got back to programming other things.  Later on I looked again and realized that the card was "gone."  After a reset it came back and worked in MAX.  Did your device play hide and seek, or did it never show up?

Programming Data Acquisition and Control in Measurement Studio and Labwindows/CVI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,977 Views)

They show up but i can't use them, they appear like they were inactive.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,975 Views)

Your problem is different than mine.

Did you add the security exclusion "*" on both the PC and PXI systems?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,961 Views)