PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-8461-2

Are there any known temperature problems with the PXI-8461-2 CAN interface? It looks like the CAN interfaces stop working when they become too warm. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,956 Views)

Hi MarnixvanderMeulen,

Can you please tell me more about your hardware setup, which chassis are you using? According to the data sheet of the NI PXI-8461/2, the module should be able to handle up to 55 °C in ambient temperature. I have unfortunately not found any customer statements of the module failing at lower temperatures, but will continue looking for more information.

I will add some questions below to better understand your situation. If the problem is urgent and you have an active service program (SSP), you are most welcome to contact your local National Instruments office and talk to a support engineer directly.

Have you taken any other steps for troubleshooting, for example testing the module in another chassis (if available)?

Is the chassis located in a closed area, and how is the air flow inside the chassis and around the chassis, is the fan working properly?

Do you have any other modules in the same chassis showing signs of failure due to a raise in temperature?

Best regards,

Robert P-F
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,940 Views)