PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-8360 termination

PXI-8360 compactPCI signals, can you tell me if the card contains series termination resistors for these signals on the card.  The CompactPCI spec calls out series termination resistors on the backplane.  We have a custom backplane that does include series termination resistor and wonder if I should add them currenly doing a redesign.  I do not want to dublicate the termination resistor.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,372 Views)

Mike,

The PXI-8360 has the 10 ohm series resistors on the AD and bused control signals as required by the spec.  The GNT lines have a higher termination (to match the trace impedance) since they are point-to-point.

- Robert

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,371 Views)

Thanks Robert, it's good to know and would of expected the card design had series termination.  Is there an available product specification for the PXI-8360?  I could not find one.  We are using this card in our PXI design.

Thanks again

Mike Farrell

Beckman Coulter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,312 Views)

Mike,

You can find the documentation here: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/202056 (specifications tab under the NI PXI-PCIe8361 page).  Is that what you're looking for?

- Robert

(edit: fix the link)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,291 Views)

Robert,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I had seen and downloads the spec/manual link.  The NI spec and data sheets provides very basic information, e.g. power but not much more.  The actual NI card design details is not reasonable to share.  I'll adapt our backplane design as per the cPCI and PXI spec as a pre caution.  I have little (no) control on the master and perherial PXI cards we use.   I've just taken over our backplane design with concerns of our design and suppliers.  I'm accessing our system design and, no NI card red flags.  

Regards

Mike Farrell

Beckman Coulter

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,282 Views)