From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 8196 not able to reboot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,449 Views)
Komal,

If you're having a problem booting your PXI controller, could you provide a bit more information?  Do you see anything on the display when you try to boot?  Do you ever see a Windows splash screen?  Let me know and I'll be happy to help.  Thanks!
Chad B. » National Instruments » ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,443 Views)
Hy Chad,

I've got a similar problem.
Saturday my system worked fine (PXI 8196) until I connected a USB-stick and the monitor became black.
I know that there is a VGA and a DVI-monitor and I know how to switch between them. But I think thats not only the problem.

I can't boot the system anymore. To be able to switch to the VGA-monitor my keyboard should work. But it doesn't. I even cannot work with a remot desktop because the system has got a dynamical IP. And when I start the system, the aerator work but the "drive"-LED doesn't glow.

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot.

Regards, Heike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,390 Views)
Heike,

I wonder if the USB stick you plugged in had some static electricity or something.  It sounds like it might have caused a hardware problem.  Can you boot the controller in any other chassis?  Can you boot another controller in the same chassis?  I'd like to try either of those if possible, because if not, we might need to RMA the controller.
Chad B. » National Instruments » ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,383 Views)
Hi Chad ,
the problem is solved . PXI chassis was faulty.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,378 Views)
Hy Chad,

I solved the problem. I don't really know how but the system works again.
We unscrewed the hole system, got off the batterie, rescrewed the system and after that it worked again.

We couldn't have a look if the chassis works fine or try the controller in an other chassis because the system is the only one here.

Thanks and regards, Heike

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,370 Views)