PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 8196 gives following error when rebooting: Safe mode (Software error ) 0xC0000005

When trying to reboot PXI 8196, it reboots it self two times and on the third attempt it gives the following error:

Reboot in Safe mode (Software error ) 0xC0000005

Could you please help?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,074 Views)

Hi PXI-geek, when did this trouble started?, what version of MAX and LabVIEW do you have?, Had you tried formating the Controller?

Best Regards

Benjamin C
Principal Systems Engineer // CLA // CLED
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,057 Views)
Thank you for replying to my question.
I contacted NI tch support, who did an outstanding job supporting me and now my PXI is up and running.

Regards.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,042 Views)
Could you please tell me what you did to fix this error.  I am having the same issue and can not figure it out.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,601 Views)
What I did, was to reformat the PXI, you can do that easily using the computer that you use for communicating with your PXI which should have installed NI MAX software and all of the controllers that come with the installation disks of the PXI.

Your format the PXI using the NI MAX software, just oepn the program and all of your PXI should appear under remote systems. and look for the format option

Good luck.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,599 Views)
Thanks for the quick reply!  I am using a PXI 8140rt and from I am finding in the knowledge base is that I can not do this in MAX, but I have remove the flash card from the controller and do it from a card reader.  Which is fine, but you have pointed me in the right direction.  Thank you again.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,596 Views)