PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-8176 controller does not update to 1.81 bios (512kb)

I am able to update my controller to bios version 1.80 but unable to update to 1.81 as I receive a "New DMI string is too long" message during the upgrade process.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,442 Views)

Hey 911RSR,

I had two quick questions. When you updated your BIOS, did you follow the instructions on this following KB? Determining and Upgrading PXI and VXI Embedded Controller BIOS Versions

And second, I was curious if you were updating your BIOS for a specific reason, or just to have the latest version? A special note is in the same KB that I thought we should mention.

"Note: National Instruments does not recommend that you update your BIOS version unless you require functionality that a new BIOS provides. If you have questions, please contact National Instrument's Support group at ni.com/support. "

Regards,

Nick D.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,432 Views)

Nick D.,

I did you follow the instructions on this following KB? Determining and Upgrading PXI and VXI Embedded Controller BIOS Versions

I updated from 1.50 BIOS to 1.80 with very few problems.  I try to keep the most current BIOS on all of my computers.  Even though National Instruments recommends not updating your BIOS unless you need the functionality, one should be able to regardless of whether it is needed or not.

Regards,

911RSR

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,426 Views)
Hello 911RSR:

What state does the error leave you controller after it occurs? Are you still able to use version 1.80?
Regards,

Roland A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Check out VI Roadshow
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,408 Views)
I was able to update my BIOS to 1.81 by using the DOSFLASH.BAT instead of using the PHLASH16.EXE.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,402 Views)