From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-8156

Solved!
Go to solution

We are repurposing a PXI-8156 based PXI system.  The one we have is running Windows 95.  Is there a Windows upgrade path?  We would like to take it to Windows 7 or later.  What is the most current version of Windows that will run on this thing?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,689 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RiverBank

I can find documentation on upgrading the OS to Windows 2000, but nothing directly relating to Windows 7 (or XP for that matter). I would have to imagine that the update / installation process is similar:

Archived: How Do I Upgrade My PXI 8156B or PXI 8170 Controller to Windows 2000?

Double-check that your controller meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 7 as well, but I don't see any obvious issues with an upgrade. Considering the fact that this is a ~20 year old piece of hardware, you may want to upgrade to something a little less resource intensive to start off. Maybe Windows XP? Just a suggestion.

Best,

Sam R.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,646 Views)

We are going to take your second suggestion and move to hardware from this century.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,612 Views)