PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-8115 controller incompatible with PXI-1050 chassis?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am replacing two XP based PXI controllers with two PXI-8115 controllers that have WIN7 installed on them. System #1 has PXI-1010 combo chassis and System #2 has a PXI-1050 combo chassis. Both 8115 controllers work fine when installed in System #1 (1010 chassis) but produce no video output when installed in System #2 (1050 chassis). I'm using the same monitor on both systems, along with the same DisplayPort to VGA adapter that shipped with the controllers. This suggests some sort of incompatibility between the 8115 and the 1050 but I find it hard to believe I'm the first one to plug a 8115 into a 1050. Has anybody seen this behavior? Is there a solution or workaround? Is there something I've overlooked?

Thanks,

pmac

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,137 Views)
Solution
Accepted by pmac

OK, I figured out a solution but I still don't know why this is the solution.

Each controller had a "Bizlink" DisplayPort to VGA adapter shipped with it. Of course I tried both adapters with the same results on both systems. I tried a "Startech" DP to VGA adapter that was being used elsewhere in the facility and the system worked fine. Why a different make adapter works is quite puzzling.

For anyone else having this problem try Startech part# DP2VGA.

pmac

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,130 Views)

Do you know if the adapter that worked originally came with a PXI Controller you purchased through NI? If so, do you have the model and /or part number for the controller?

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,115 Views)

The adapter that worked was purchased separately (not from NI)  to connect to a PC not a PXI controller.

pmac

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,084 Views)

Thank you for the update. If you have any further information about the part that worked (acquired from another company) please feel free to forward the information to us and we can look further into the issue.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,052 Views)