From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-6704 voltage output latency

I have on old PXI-6704 and I want to generate 1 channel, 1 sample voltage output.

Everithng  is working as expected exept for the output latency. I can see all samples are generated (the update rate is 5ms bigger than the max of 1.8ms), but I can messure a delay of aprox. 50ms from the moment of  DAQmx Write and the Voltage generated.

Is there any method to configure the card to reduce the FIFO.  I alredy tried a lot of samples from people with similar problems but their solution did not worked on my PXI-6704.

Any suggestions will be mutch appreciated,

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,226 Views)

Hello Valic,

I see that this instrument is software time, so maybe the OS is affecting your operation as it is non-deterministic.

I looked up the supported properties on your PXI 6704 and it seems it supports the "DAQmxSetBufOutputBufSize" and "  DAQmxSetAOUseOnlyOnBrdMem" properties for the output buffer, have you tried setting that to first one to 0 or set to use only on board memory?

You can look at the supported properties and descriptions here:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370471W-01/cdaqmxsupp/pxi-6704/

Regards,

David M.

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,208 Views)

Thank you David for your response,

I tried to set to 0 the Output.BufSize but get on unsupported error 200452.

Also when I set to true AO. UseOnlyOnBrdMem I get error 200077 indicating that I can only set to false this property.

My OS is LabView Real-Time 8.5 and I saw I can update DAQmx to version 9.3 and hope to have better results.

Or maybe I can access the card directly by VISA protocol which is something I have no experience (registers, comamnds, etc for this card).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,187 Views)