From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-6608 Adjustment

I am attempting to adjust a PXI-6608 Timing I/O Device using TIO Calibrate.vi, and after about 24 seconds I receive

"Error -10800 occurred at TIO Calibrate.vi

Possible reason(s):

NI-DAQ LV:  The operation could not complete within the time limit."

I am running LabVIEW 2016 with the latest drivers (16.0), including the Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) driver (7.5), on Windows 7 using a PXI-8196 Embedded Controller. I have my high-stability clock source connected to pins 2 and 36 through a SCB-68 breakout box, as specified in the Calibration Procedure.

I found some information that suggested this could be a triggering issue, so I have tried using a 10 MHz sine wave, square wave, and TTL, with the same lack of results.

Is there something I am missing? Alternatively, is there a workaround to access the EEPROM areas and adjust manually? Any information would be great!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,994 Views)

Hello,

Are you able to use other NI-DAQ VIs with success? I am wondering if this issue is specific to calibration, or if there is something else wrong with the driver. Did you install NI-DAQ after installing LabVIEW 2016? Also, I noticed a note in the calibration procedure document which specifies that the 6608 device should be in the star trigger slot (slot 2) of the chassis, although I'm not sure which chassis they are refering to. Which chassis are you using? And did you make sure you have the device in the correct slot specified?

Thanks!

-Will.i.am10

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,978 Views)

I was actually just able to test the VI with a second PXI-6608, and it works perfectly, so it turns out the fault was actually defective hardware rather than software. Given that the error that came up suggests a triggering timeout of some kind, I suspect that either the onboard Counter 1 isn't seeing the 10 MHz stable reference input, or Counter 0 isn't producing the 400 second gating pulse that drives Counter 1. Either way, it's out of my hands and off for repair!

Thanks for your interest, though!

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,896 Views)