PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 6239 Digital Output

Hi,
        I have PXI-6239 card ,its an industrial card.I have to measure Digital Output .It requires additional Voltage from range 10-30V.I have fed the voltage of 20V through external power supply across P1.Vcc and P1.GND.I have connected a 3.3K of resistor from P1.Vcc to P1.0(Output) as per mentioned in User Manual i am measuring at P0.1 and P1.GND Eventhough i am not measuring any voltage. PLS Could anyone clarify about this

Regards
 Geetha

Message Edited by AutoTEC on 07-09-2007 05:05 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,165 Views)

Hi Geetha,

The 6239 has inverse logic, where a ‘0’ puts the output port high(Vcc) and a ‘1’ puts the output port low (Gnd). Please double check both the high and low cases to make sure the card is operating properly.

Also, on the post you say ‘i am measuring at P0.1 and P1.GND’ à I assume this is meant to read ‘I am measuring at P1.0 and P1.Gnd’, in which case the measurements are correct. Going along with the first statement, check both the high and low voltage to make sure the voltage is changing for each one.

If problems still persist, I would like to ask for a bit more clarification around how you are doing testing (through Measurement and Automation Explorer test panels? LabVIEW ? ) There is always the possibility a line or the card is bad – do all lines have the same behavior? Has this card worked previously? Do you have another card that you can try?

Regards,

Message Edited by David L. on 07-10-2007 01:28 PM

David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,151 Views)

Hello,

I am checkig the card through Labview even in MAX i am not able to measure. I am measuring across P1.0  and P1.GND eventhoug no change. I have also connected an external supply does this card doesnt measure without external supply? Pls clarify about this as soon as possible

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,145 Views)

Geetha,

The card requires an external supply, as it cannot pull 10-30v from the PCI bus. There is always the possibility a line or the card is bad and needs to be repaired – do all lines have the same behavior? Has this card worked previously? Do you have another card that you can try? If you believe the card is broken, I would suggest contacting our sales team at 1-800-IEEE-488 (1-800-433-3488).

David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,140 Views)