From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 5422 synchronization with other device problem

Hey, can anybody kind enough to give some suggestion about the synchronization problem between the PXI-5422 and another device. I use PXI-8186 controller, Labview ver. 8.2.1, and NFEN ver. 2.5.1.

I have used the "script mode" of NFEN to switch between 2 periodic waveforms, which by themselve are composed of 74 waves with shorter period. Yet, all the 74 waves have the same sampling points, let's say 64. And I want to output a synchronization signal which has a period of 64 sample points.

This can be easily made by the "marker". However, error comes out when I try to compile my scripts, which says I have used too many "Generate" and "wait" commands.

My problem is how to generate a synchronization signal if the marker event is not effective.

The following is my LV program and my generated waveform.

Great thanks.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,795 Views)
Hello Maggie_ok,

Thanks for posting in our Discussion Forum.

Do you really need to generate the a synchronization signal?  Have you tried using NI-TCLK to synchronized clocks?
NI-TCLK is usually the easiest way to synchronize signals within a PXI-chassis. You can find some useful information here:

Using NI-TClk to Synchronize Signal Generators
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5501

National Instruments T-Clock Technology for Timing and Synchronization of Modular Instruments
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3675

If you are using LabVIEW, examples using NI-TCLK can be found here: Help >> Find Examples… >> Hardware Input and Output >> Modular Instruments >> NI-FGEN >> Synchronization.

Eric Okawa
Applications Engineering
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,776 Views)