From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-5122 "Not Present", no lights on

I have a PXI-1033 chassis holding 3 boards: one PXI-6221 DAQ board, and two PXI-5122 digitizers. For some reason one of the 5122 boards seems to have stopped functioning. Neither the 'Access' or 'Active' lights are on, and in NI-MAX, the status of the board is "Not Present". This board has worked without issue for a few years, and as far as I can tell, nothing has changed, it just stopped working. I've tried power cycling, rebooting, reseating the board, and moving the board to another slot in the chassis, but nothing seems to work - the device is never recognized, and it's not switching on. I also note that in the VISA test panel for the chassis, there is an error reported for the attribute "Timeout" (VI_ATTR_TMO_VALUE) as follows "VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF001D) The specified attribute is not defined or supported by the referenced resource."- I don't know if this is relevant, if this is just reporting that the device appears to be missing, or something else. The other 5122 board seems to be functioning fine.

What else can I do to test for particular problems, and perhaps figure out why the board has stopped functioning, or should I return this to National Instruments for repair?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,092 Views)

Have you tried resetting MAX configuration (Tools -> reset configuration data)?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,054 Views)