From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-5122 digitizer, triggered dual waveform acquisition

Hello, again, NI world. I have a question about how the PXI-5122 acquires triggered waveforms in relation to one another. I am acquiring a logic waveform (from whose falling edge I am triggering my acquisition) along with an out-of-sync (and therefore rolling on the display) sinewave that drops to 0 every 5.7 cycles. My test is to verify that the negative pulses on the logic waveform coincide only with positive peaks on the sine waveform. Due to the out-of-sync issue, it can be very difficult to see, so we have a feature on our scope display that allows us to stop acquisition, in effect, to pause. Sometimes the pause shows a perfect alignment, other times, not. So...my question is:  When acquiring 2 channels of data, triggering off one, are both channels acquired simultaneously (is the data interleaved or saved to buffers in a parallel fashion?) or is one channel acquired in full, then the other? Can find no source that tells me how this is done.

I am attaching (I hope) a pic showing a bad alignment. A good alignment would show the wide negative pulse on the logic waveform aligned with the wide zero area on the sine waveform; then the narrow negative pulses align with positive peaks on the sine.

Thanks for any insights.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,161 Views)