From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-5112

Has anyone heard of a problem with a PXI-5112 board rev 184194K-02 not working with NI Scope driver 3.2?  The card was working with 3.1 but after upgrade to 3.2 it is not.  Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,297 Views)

Hi SGC,

I haven't found any reports of NI-Scope 3.2 having any issues with a PXI-5112. Why was the decision made to upgrade to 3.2? The newest version of NI-Scope is 3.5. You may want to upgrade to 3.5 but only as long as you aren't using LabVIEW 8.0 since support has been discontinued for LabVIEW 8.0 with NI-Scope 3.5. Does the NI-Scope Soft Front Panel not work? Does the device not show up in Device Manager or MAX? You may want to go into the Windows Device Manager and select Update Driver for your 5112. This will fix any problems if Windows didn't update the system driver after you installed the upgraded NI-Scope. I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,286 Views)

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the response.  We actually updated the driver to match another existing replicate system that is working with the 5112 and the 3.2 driver.  The failure mode we see is that the test panel in MAX returns an error -10800.  Otherwise MAX and Labview 7.0 look like they are able to communicate to the scope but have an error.  I have verified that all SW drivers are equvalent between the wroking system and this one and also swapped hardware and verified it is not the Chassis, MXI-4, or scope card.  Is there anything I can look for that would give me more information on the fail or what the scope does not like?  Thanks

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,284 Views)

Hi Scott,

You can see on the NI-Scope 3.2 download page that it supports LabVIEW 7.1 and later. LabVIEW 7.0 isn't supported and is probably why you're receiving errors. The last version of NI-Scope that supported LabVIEW 7.0 was NI-Scope 3.0. Do you have the same versions of LabVIEW on both systems? Did you mean 7.1 instead of 7.0?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,281 Views)