PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-4110 control cascade output channels with one channel

I plan on using a PXI-4110 in an application as a +12-30VDC voltage source and as a current source.  My question is when I cascade output channels 1 & 2 in series to allow for a 12-30VDC voltage source is there a setting(s) in NI MAX, LabVIEW, or TestStand that allows me to control the voltage using a single channel?  I'd like to avoid having to set CH1 to +12VDC and CH2 to -12VDC if possible.  A coworker of mine mentioned there is an NI MAX setting(s) that needs to be configured and then I can pass the voltage setting (i.e. 30VDC) to a single channel using our packed library.  I will investigate this more tomorrow with people who may have already done this at my workplace, but I figured I'd ask here too.  

Thanks,

Kyle

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,224 Views)

Hey Kyle,

I investigated the settings in MAX, and I didn't see a way to combine that setting in multiple SMUs, other than potentially having both SMUs in the same task and simply starting the task.

Definitely let us know if one of your colleagues has a better suggestion, I'm interested!

Matt W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,203 Views)

Hi Matt,

I was able to get some feedback from some of my coworkers and the way we do it is by defining an IVI Logical Name and IVI Session Driver in MAX.  The driver that's used is still the NI DC Power driver.  The real magic takes place in our packed library.  An XML file is used for our station configuration file and within it there is an entry for the resource using the Logical Name created in MAX and it specifies which outputs are combined in series.  The packed library handles the rest when called from TestStand.   

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,198 Views)