PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-4110 Using Soft Front Panel on CH1 and CH2, cannot adjust current past 0.1A. What am I doing wrong?

Probably a very stupid question, but I cannot find anything in any manual about this.  Using the soft front panel on the PXI-4011, on the 1A Range,  the soft panel will not allow me to adjust the current level above 0.1A.  The unit outputs the 0.1A pretty well.  A load applied had no effect on being able to set this unit above 0.1A.  CH0, the 6V channel, allowed me to adjust the front panel to 1A.  I should be able to as well on CH1 and 2.  I'm just using the soft front panel.  What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,569 Views)

Hi carlierae26,

Welcome to the NI forums! I hope I'm not here too late to respond to your question. The PXI-4110 will only be able to output a maximum of 9 W when powered internally (from the PXI backplane). Channel 0 can output a maximum of 6 W, but the outputs of Channels 1 and 2 combined cannot exceed 3 W total. Please check out the Device Capabilities chart on Page 3 of the PXI-4110 Device Specifications (linked below). 

NI PXI-4110 Specifications

We'll be able to source the full 1 A of current on Channels 1 and 2 with the APS-4100 auxiliary power source.

I hope this helps!

---
Alex C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,544 Views)

That wasn't it.  I needed to download the latest driver software.  That fixed the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,532 Views)

That's a bit more simple solution. I'm glad to hear that it's up and running.

---
Alex C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,526 Views)