PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-2501 not detected in PXIe-1073

Hello,

I just set up a PXIe-1073 chassis on Win10, connected via MXI card PCIe-8361 to a PC.

It did not install smoothly.. I even installed the BIOS compatatibility tool to try and get it to working condition. Eventually after uninstalling the BIOS tool again and setting the jumper back to 9 on the PCIe-8361 card. The PXIe chassis showed up in MAX, together with the two PXIe card that are installed in its two PXIe slots.

Then I inserted another PXI-2501 card into a Hybrid slot of the PXIe-1073 chassis, booted the Hardware and I now find that the chassis does no longer show up in MAX or in Win Device Manager, BUT the two PXIe cards still show up in MAX and in Win Device Manager. Just the previously recognized chassis is gone and there is also no trace of the newly installed PXI-2501 card.

After several reboots of PC and the PXIe-1073 chassis in various orders, I decided to remove the PXI-2501 again. Right after doing that, on the next boot, the chassis again shows up in MAX and Windows including its two PXIe cards. I put the PXI-2501 back and the chassis is gone again.

So some possible guesses from my side:

1) The PXI-2501 is damaged somehow and disrupts chassis operation. I think this is not likely because the other two cards are still fine and I am much more inclined to believe in a random error exactly because it was such a struggle to get the chassis recognized in the first place.

2) The PXI-2501 is incompatible with the PXIe-1073 chassis. I dont think this is the case as the the PXI-2501 is new and has the Hybrid PXI style connectors that fit nicely into the chassis. But maybe another hardware/software option must be set in order to allow operation ?

3) The Chassis is damaged somehow? Also unlikely as it initiliazes fine otherwise.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,593 Views)

I downloaded and installed the May 2017 version of NI Device Drivers, updating stuff like DAQmx and VISA and PXI Platform Software to their most recent 2017 versions.

No change in behavior:

PXIe-1073 chassis with the two PXIe cards -> works fine

Put in an *additional* PXI-2501 -> Chassis disappears, PXI card not visible, PXIe cards are still listed in MAX individually as not in any chassis and seem to operate fine.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,561 Views)

Hello, I am facing same kind of problem. when I try to insert PXI 2501 module inside PXIe-1073 chassis then chassis and other module disappear.

Have you any solution regarding the same.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,365 Views)

I RMA'd the card to the distributor. It worked with the new card they provided.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,355 Views)