PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 1033 doesn't show the installed FPGA 7831R in the SlotView of MAX

I have a big problem with my PXI-1033 System.
It is connected via NI-ExpressCard-8360 with my Fujitsu Siemens Notebook. There are a CAN Card PXI 8464 and a FPGA 7831R Card installed in the PXI System. I have installed all necessary drivers from the Device Driver CD.
When I open the MAX I can see the installed RIO and 8464 Devices, but if I expand the tree view to the PXI Slot View the only visible card ist the 8464 CAN card. I tried many ways to fix this problem, I have found on the on the NI.com website, but with no success:

- I installed the newest drivers for NI-VISA 4.3, NI-DAQ 8.7.1f3, NI-RIO 2.3.1 and NI-488.2 2.52.
- I deinstalled and reinstalled all drivers
- I have changed the slots of the PXI System

Until now I can only see the CAN card in the PXI Slotview in the MAX.

Does anybody know what I have done wrong? I have no ideas anymore to solve the problem!

I have attached a screenshot of my MAX.

Thanks in advance and best regards

PVV_BEN
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,914 Views)
Hello Mr. PW_Ben,

the pci 7831R card work with a the cRio driver and not with the daqmx driver.
Therfore you see only the RIO device in MAX.
But thats normal.
I tested it out with a PXI 1045 chassi and the 7831R device with a MXI connection (see the max view in the attachement).
You are able to use the device in the normal lv Project.

Kind regards,

Elmar
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,890 Views)
Hello Elmar,

thanks for your detailled information!
However, why is the CAN-Card listed in the Slotview and not the FPGA card. I think this not very logical.

Now I tried to use my "Laptop -> Expresscard 8360 -> PXI-1033 -> FPGA 7831R" system to run my application. I developed it on my other PC with a FPGA card 7833R and Labview 8.5 with FPGA option. The application is tracing the IIC and SPI data stream. Everything is running correctly on my development PC, but when I make an installer version of this application and try to run it on my PXI system, there is no SPI or IIC data visible.

I don't know what I have done wrong during the development or during the installation of the PXI Hardware, Software and Drivers. The only thing I see, which could be the error is the mentioned empty slotview in the MAX view of the PXI.

Are there any other things I should keep an eye on? Maybe the development of the FPGA application or the installation of the PXI system?

Thanks in advance & best regards

PVV_BEN 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,888 Views)