PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-1006 Power Supply Failure

I have a PXI-1006 system that has barely been used 10 hours since it was purchased new by me from NI. It set on my lab bench without being powered up for about 2 years. Today when I turn power on the hard-drive lite blinks momentarily, goes off and nothing happens. The fans in the back don't even come on. The 10 amp breaker is not tripped. I checked the voltage levels on the DB-9 connector in back and the +12V and -12V pins are reading 0V. Could there be a dead BIOS battery on the PXI-8170 causing the system to not come up? Does anyone know how to troubleshoot the power supply as I suspect it has died? Does anyone know what a new power supply would cost from NI?
Thanks much in advance
khulett
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,871 Views)
Hello Khulett,

The behavior you describe, like you said, sounds like a problem with the power supply on the chassis. My first suggestion is to try to turn on the chassis with no hardware. If this fails and the fans don't go on then I suggest you call in to send the chassis for repair. You can create a service request for phone support at the following website: http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niae_asc.main

If, on the other hand, the chassis turned on, try adding the boards one by one. First of all add the controller and try to turn the chassis on again. If the controller does not boot then you should try updating the BIOS as suggested on the following KnowledgeBase

Please let me know if you have any other problems and we can troubleshoot some more.
Hope this helps!

Regards,

Tica T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,856 Views)