PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIe-8360 Error

Just set up an MXI-Express communication system (PCIe-8360 and PXI-8360)  between my PXI chasis and my Dell Optiplex 755.  Before the computer finishes booting up I get an alert, "Error initilaizing PCI Express slot 4.  Not sure what this means.  Any suggestions?  I've installed all the drivers and the PXI chasis is on and connected before I try to boot the computer.

Thanks.
LabVIEW 2016 - Windows 7

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,746 Views)

I get the exact same error on my Optiplex 745 with the NI PCIe-8361.  The first thing I tried was downloading and installing new BIOS from Dell.com.  It did not work for my 745, but I see here that the new BIOS just released does work on your Optiplex 755.  Good luck!

...Mike

Message Edited by Mike_in_WI on 03-05-2008 10:31 AM
Message 2 of 4
(3,737 Views)

I've seen this error when the Dell can't see the PXI chassis (usually when it's off or disconnected).  Are both LEDs on the PXI-8360 green?  Make sure your cables are secure and plugged in the right way.  Some people have been able to plug the cables in upside down, though changes were made to the connector to block that.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,728 Views)
Updated the bios and like magic we have a link.  Thanks very much for your help!!!
LabVIEW 2016 - Windows 7

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,723 Views)