PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI express cable between a PC and a PXI system

Hi all,

i have a requirement to connect the extsing PXI-1033 system to a PC with PCIe slot. the problem is the distance is 10 meters. and the NI cable is available of max length 7 meters.

can anyone suggest a PCIe-PXIe long cable? or a repeater if the cable length should not exceed 7meters?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,194 Views)

Hello Share Good,

I think there is a specific reason that the cables have a maximum length till 7 meters. I think longer is not recommended. With the old MXI link (MXI 3) Molex was the manufacturer of cables, you can find more information under the following link;

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/5225C91518C67B5486256DA20074A1E3?OpenDocument

Maybe this supplier can help you further with longer cables.

Best regards,

Martijn

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,187 Views)
Hello ninlmarti…

thanks a lot for the suggestion.

i have come across this.
but i laready have a PXI chasis with integrated MXIe Interface.
i dont want to buy another chasis or buy MXI-PCI kit.

i am interested to know whether any repeaters available to extend the cable lengths atleast by 3 mts...please advice...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,179 Views)

Hello Share Good,

I'm sorry that my previous message wasn't clear. Molex is a manufacturer of these kind of cables. Maybe they offer a 10 meter solution also for your MXI cable.It's best to contact them for further information.

I don't have any information about repeaters. So contacting Molex is the best solution,

Best regards,

Martijn

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,176 Views)

Hello Share Good,

I'm sorry that my previous message wasn't clear. Molex is a manufacturer of these kind of cables. Maybe they offer a 10 meter solution also for your MXI cable.It's best to contact them for further information.

I don't have any information about repeaters. So contacting Molex is the best solution,

Best regards,

Martijn

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,175 Views)