PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 8336 -PXI 8336 in cPCI Chassis

Dear friends,

I am using MXI - 4 kit with Optical Link in Host Pc & cPCI chassis. PXI -8336 is in the system controller slot, pci - 8336 is in my host PC. I have one third party Scope card (2GS/s) in the cPCI chassis. I am able to see my scope card as local PCI device and the driver is getting loaded in my host Pc with out any problem.

My chassis follows 5V keying. While launching Scope Software (Third party), I am not getting the Properly constructed sine wave (my input is 1 MHz and 2 VPP sine wave). I tested the same Scope card with cPCI processor in system controller slot. i am seeing perfect sine wave.

Instead of Scope card, i placed the PMC -AUDIO card with the use of PMC-cPCI carrier. I am able to see new audio card and the diver loading is successful. If i play any music from my host PC, i am getting the Audio output from the Audio card with lot of noise(Noise is very dominant).

Anybody faced this kind of problems, if so please help me to solve the issue at the earliest.

Thanks in Advance,
K.Karthikraja
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,444 Views)
Hello K.Karthikraja,
Is your MXI-4 hardware faulty?  Does the MXI-4 work well in a PXI chassis?  If there is something faulty with this particular piece of hardware it would help to try another MXI controller with this same chassis.  This way we can verify if the actual MXI hardware is OK.

Regards,
Angela
Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 5
(4,428 Views)
Dear Angela,

Thanks for the reply. There is some problem in chassis, so it gave wrong datas. It worked perfectly when i changed my cPCI chassis.

I will be happy if anybody provides any application for benchmarking the datathroughput of MXI-4 kit (optical).

Thanks and Best Regards,
K.Karthikraja
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,424 Views)

Hello K Karthikraja,

We currently do not have benchmark data for the MXI-4 optical kit, but we do have benchmarks for the MXI-4 copper kit at the following links using a  and a PXI 6509 Data Acquisition Card and also with a PXI 6515 Data Acquisition Card.

Daryl E
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,415 Views)

Hello,

I am using the same configuration PXI-8336 in a compact pci chassis and I am having problems.  Basically, the chassis does not appear to be identified in max, and I cannot see any of the cards either.  Did you have any luck getting this setup to work?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,739 Views)