From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outputing an analog waveform in the PXI-6052E

I Have a 6052E and a 6733 Analog output card. I would like to be able to output a waveform from either of these.
The waveforms would be normally multiple waveforms with some degree of phase shifts etc. Generating a waveform is simple enough.

I have tried to output a wf on the 6052E AO channels 0 and 1. I noticed on the scope that there was a lot of jitter on these signals. Maybe I am not doing it correctly.  The wf I am using at the moment is a square wave -6 to +6 Volts. (I use the analog ports because I need to generate "digital" waveforms of different voltages )

Can somebody give me some guidance as how to do this properly?
what type of timing should I use? Finite or continous generation? rates etc

In the future I would like to use the 6733 also and have it in sync with the 6052E. Any suggestions as to how to do this?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,169 Views)

But which software are you using?? LabVIEW? CVI?? others??

Your post gives no indication on that Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,159 Views)

But which software are you using?? LabVIEW? CVI?? others??

Your post gives no indication on that Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,159 Views)
I am using Labview 7.1 / Max 3.1.1. Sorry
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,155 Views)
I hope you are using DAQmx Drivers

Apart form learning from the Example VI' that are shipped with your LabVIEW, Find Examples>> hardware input output>>DAQmx>> Analog Generation>> Voltage folder, you could see this and this example vi's.

In your LabVIEW, Find Examples>> hardware input output>>DAQmx>> synchronization>>Multidevice, you will find example vi's to perform Multi device synchronization. ( I guess RTSI sync will work for PXI 6733)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,141 Views)