PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Connector Corrupting Data

On my PXI chassis I have two PXI 6255 modules, each of which has two connectors.  We are currently taking data with only one connector on each module.  When we look at the data we see good data on the one connector from each module that we are connected to, and junk data on the other connector (with no connection made).  My first question is what are we measuring on the connector with no connection, which we see as junk data.  It should be noted that not all unconnected connectors show the same value.  My second question is can having these open connectors corrupt the data we are getting on the good connection when a module has one connection and one unconnected connector?  Any info at all, especially a reference to something in writing will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,247 Views)
For anyone interested in this topic in the future, I was able to find a solution at this link.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,245 Views)

Hi jmcbee,

It looks like you might have found a solution to your problem.  However, when I tried to look at the link, it doesn't work.  Would you mind relinking the document for others in the future? Thanks!

Also, I'm not sure if this is what you found, but one important thing to remember with connectors on a DAQ card is to associate the correct terminal block with each connector.  This can be done in MAX by going to your device and selecting properties.  Then in the accessory tab, choose the correct terminal block that is connected for both connector0 and connector1.  Hopefully this information was helpful!

Regards,
Vanessa L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,220 Views)
Thank you for your reply Vanessa.  After speaking with an applications engineer who was extremely helpfull I was directed to this link as a solution.  Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,218 Views)