PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No video or network access from a PXI-8106

I have a PXI-8106 embedded processor in a 1052 combo chassis running Windows XP. Up until about a week ago it was working fine. Now I can't get a video signal to a monitor or any network connection. The system administrator says it doesn't show up on the network at all and there is a link light and activity showing on the network port. Help!!! Do I need to buy a new processor?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,710 Views)

Hi stro1rob,

Can you please verify the LED's on the front panel of the chassis when you have the controller powered on? 

The POWER OK LED indicates the power status of the controller and will either be ON and steady, blinking, or OFF. The DRIVE LED indicates when an access to the internal hard disk is occurring. 

Try hooking up another DVI monitor (that is known to work) to your chassis. There could be a number of things going on right now, so we should try isolating the problem. I'm assuming that you are also connected to your network via the Ethernet port, so I would try connecting again with another cable.

Here is a KB that discusses a BIOS issue that can cause your video output to disappear, but since you have mentioned that your setup originally worked, I doubt this is the case, but it might still be worth looking at.

If the above mentioned things do not work out, you would probably need to get your controller RMA'ed. To do so, please call into NI Support.

Jason L.

Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,705 Views)

The Power and Drive LEDs both come on when the power is applied but the Drive LED goes off and never comes back on again. I have connected the chassis to two different network ports, both known to have worked previously, and neither work.  I currently have a VGA monitor connected through the adaptor and it shows "NO SIGNAL". The unit has a monitor connected to it whenever it is in use.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,701 Views)

Hi stro1rob,

I would call NI support. It sounds like your controller needs to be RMA'ed.

Jason L.

Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,696 Views)

After noticing the Drive LED, I think you are correct. I will add this one to the two other processors I already have to go in for repair.

Thanks for you help. Its always helpful to have a second point of view on situations like this.

stro1rob

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,694 Views)