From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response from slots in PXI-1042 chassis

Hello,

We have the PXI-1042 chassis and we get no response from either of the slots 5,6,7 and 8. The slots 5 & 6 do recognize other DAC boards, but I can not get a signal through. And, slots 7 & 8 do not even recognize the board. However, slots 1 to 4 work just fine.
We requested technical support from NI, but no solution was found, and it was agreed on sending the PXI chassis to NI for additional troubleshooting.
Since that would require significant work (to disassembly my system), I wonder if anyone in this community has seen something like this. I mean, is it possible that only some slots of the PXI-1042 chassis get damaged somehow? Thanks in advance for your support.

Best Regards,
Peter
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,040 Views)
Hello,
Are you using an embedded controller? Although this should not matter since the slots are all on one PCI bridge.
Have you tried different cards in those slots?

Depending on the situation I have seen cases where only a single slot is affected by a power surge etc.

Let us know if this helps.

Christian A
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,018 Views)

in max all my aliases went a bit weird after some cards were moved around and one of the slots doesnt quite know whats in it.

it has been suggested that i reinstall max

might be worth a try

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,984 Views)