PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ni 6587 using FIFO Target scoped and FIFO Target to Host

Hi Everybody

I am using NI-PXI7952 + NI 6587 + NI SMA-2164 for acquisition of LVDS output data from Analog to Digital Converter (ADC) 8 Bits. Output Speed 250MHz. Output level : Vos=1200mV,  Vod=800mV.  with R=100Ohms.

First question: Is it possible to bypass the terminaison of 110 Ohms inside the NI6587?

Attached to this message: photo of the test bench, Diagram1 for the Host program, Diagram2 for the FPGA program.

We want to capture data from the ADC,

After the execution of the host program, LBV return the error -50400 which mean the FIFO was empty.

After the execution in mode debug of the FPGA program,  LBV return OK(60300) .

The FIFO are declared as follow:

FPGA

Clock Domain FIFO

Data Type: Cluster

Number of Elements 1023

HOST

FIFO_HIGH

Data Type: U32

Number of element: 4095

FIFO_LOW

Data Type: U64

Number of element: 1023

Could you please tell me what I need to do to fix the errors?

Thanks for your help.

Papacifacile

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,377 Views)

First question: Is it possible to bypass the terminaison of 110 Ohms inside the NI6587? 

Nope. Why would you want to remove the differential termination on the LVDS lines?

After the execution of the host program, LBV return the error -50400 which mean the FIFO was empty.

After the execution in mode debug of the FPGA program,  LBV return OK(60300) .

Are you trying to read from the FIFO on the host side before the FPGA has begun sending data to the host? Try running in simulation mode to see if you can identify whether you're failing to put data into the FIFO on the FPGA, or if you're reading on the host before the FPGA is ready to put data in.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,354 Views)