From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Variable Engine error when PXI is booted

Hi my name is Padraig Walsh and i am a student in Cork Institute Of Technology, Rossa Avenue, Bishopstown, Cork, Ireland.

I am getting the following error message on my PXI system every time i boot it up.

NI-VISA Server 4.3 started sucessfully.
NI Variable Engine: Error: Unable to load the MXS configuration plugin: Failed to get MAX Configuration interface 0x80004005
NI Variable Engine: Error: c:\ni-rt\system\ni_tagger_plugin_nxs.dll: Failure to load plugin: Unexpected Error: Unable to get the interface from the plug-in.

I recently installed LabVIEW 8.5.1 and i have been receiving this message since.

I am attaching error logs and screen shots that might be of help.

If you have any ideas i would like to hear from you.

Thank you!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,816 Views)
Hi Padraig,

Please can you reinstall all the RT software onto the PXI RT system from the machine that you installed LabVIEW 8.5.1 on.
I also assume you upgraded to LabVIEW RT 8.5.1 at the same time. You would normally see the error you are getting because of a version mismatch with the different software components.

Regards
JamesC
NIUK and Ireland

It only takes a second to rate an answer 🙂

Message 2 of 3
(3,798 Views)

Hi JamesC,

I have installed the Student Edition of LabVIEW 8.5. 

Now everytime I boot my computer the following error message appears on the desktop: Variable engine caused a failure! (I translated this from the german message)

My System:

Windows XP + SP3

DELL XPS M1530

Do you think its the fault of SP3?

I hope you can help me!

Best regards

Georg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,575 Views)