PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Variable Engine error when PXI is booted

Hi my name is Padraig Walsh and i am a student in Cork Institute Of Technology, Rossa Avenue, Bishopstown, Cork, Ireland.

I am getting the following error message on my PXI system every time i boot it up.

NI-VISA Server 4.3 started sucessfully.
NI Variable Engine: Error: Unable to load the MXS configuration plugin: Failed to get MAX Configuration interface 0x80004005
NI Variable Engine: Error: c:\ni-rt\system\ni_tagger_plugin_nxs.dll: Failure to load plugin: Unexpected Error: Unable to get the interface from the plug-in.

I recently installed LabVIEW 8.5.1 and i have been receiving this message since.

I am attaching error logs and screen shots that might be of help.

If you have any ideas i would like to hear from you.

Thank you!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,819 Views)
Hi Padraig,

Please can you reinstall all the RT software onto the PXI RT system from the machine that you installed LabVIEW 8.5.1 on.
I also assume you upgraded to LabVIEW RT 8.5.1 at the same time. You would normally see the error you are getting because of a version mismatch with the different software components.

Regards
JamesC
NIUK and Ireland

It only takes a second to rate an answer 🙂

Message 2 of 3
(3,801 Views)

Hi JamesC,

I have installed the Student Edition of LabVIEW 8.5. 

Now everytime I boot my computer the following error message appears on the desktop: Variable engine caused a failure! (I translated this from the german message)

My System:

Windows XP + SP3

DELL XPS M1530

Do you think its the fault of SP3?

I hope you can help me!

Best regards

Georg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,578 Views)