From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing PXI-4070 DMM virtual channels

Solved!
Go to solution
I have a PXI-1045 chassis containing a PXI-8106 embedded controller, two PXI-4070 DMMs and four PXI-6250 multifunction DAQ cards. I connect remotely from a WIN2000 PC using Measurement Explorer and browse to the cards. They all pass the diagnostics. The problem occurs when I try to create global virtual channels from the data neighborhood. When I get to the point where I need to select a card & channel only the 6250s appear in the list. I've checked the installed software is the latest version and that all appropriate software is installed. I have developed a quick application based on an example that runs on the chassis controller and accesses the DMMs measured value directly and this works OK proving that the hardware is fine. I don't know where to go from here.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,026 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author WaldoUK
Issue was solved in office. Global virtual channels cannot be created for the DMM as the DMM uses the DMM driver and global virtual channels are a method of the DAQmx and traditional DAQ drivers.

LeeM
NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,965 Views)