PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximim number of records on PXI-5152

Hi!
According to the literature, the maximum number of records on my PXI-5152 A/D card with 512MB of memory is 100,000.
However, today I programmed the card with LabWindows/CVI 8.5 to fetch 115,000 records and it did not produce an error or warning. What happened? Did it stop at 100, 000 records? I am not in streaming mode and do not fetch records while acquiring data.
Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,855 Views)

Hi Eigenwalker,

You are correct that the maximum number of records that will fit in the onboard memory is 100,000. When I run a Multi Record Fetch example program to acquire more than 100,000 records, I receive an error. What is happening when you run your program? Are you receiving any data at all, and can you use the NISCOPE_ATTR_RECORDS_DONE attribute to see how many records were acquired? Also, what version of the NI-SCOPE driver are you using? Perhaps more information about your program and what it looks like may also be useful in troubleshooting the problem.

Finally, does setting the number of records to be less than or equal to 100,000 cause any problems, or does it appear to work correctly? Setting this number to 115,000 or any other value greater than the maximum specified should not work unless fetching while acquiring, but I am not sure why you would want to specify the number to be greater than 100,000 if you were not fetching while acquiring. Looking forward to hearing back from you,

Daniel S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,842 Views)