From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MXI-4 folder not existing in NI directory on my PC

I have a PXI-1042Q chassis with a PXI-8336 MXI-4 remote controller.

When I identify them in MAX, I get a message saying 'This chassis has been identified but is not described in the pxisys.ini for this system.' and the file  pxisys.ini is nowhere to be found on my PC.  I noticed that I don't even have a folder MXI-4 in the 'C:\Program Files\National Instruments' directory,which might have connection with the missing pxisys.ini file. 
I tried turning off the chassis and computer, and unpluging their power cables, but this did not help a bit.

Please, let me know what I am missing here, because I spent plenty of time
trying to figure it out, reading documents on the NI web page and in the NI forum.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,852 Views)

Hey,

Have you installed the MXI-4 software yet?  Your pxisys.ini files should be created automatically, and you should not have to generate them yourself.  FYI, you will not find a MXI-4 folder in the program files directory.  Have you tried to right-click on the chassis and select "identify?"

Regards,

David Hall | Applications Engineering | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,830 Views)
I figured it out.  The problem was that I did not have the up-to-date DAQmx and MAX was not generating the .ini file, but once I updated the software everything was just fine.

Thanks for the effort.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,821 Views)