PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MXI-4 folder not existing in NI directory on my PC

I have a PXI-1042Q chassis with a PXI-8336 MXI-4 remote controller.

When I identify them in MAX, I get a message saying 'This chassis has been identified but is not described in the pxisys.ini for this system.' and the file  pxisys.ini is nowhere to be found on my PC.  I noticed that I don't even have a folder MXI-4 in the 'C:\Program Files\National Instruments' directory,which might have connection with the missing pxisys.ini file. 
I tried turning off the chassis and computer, and unpluging their power cables, but this did not help a bit.

Please, let me know what I am missing here, because I spent plenty of time
trying to figure it out, reading documents on the NI web page and in the NI forum.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,838 Views)

Hey,

Have you installed the MXI-4 software yet?  Your pxisys.ini files should be created automatically, and you should not have to generate them yourself.  FYI, you will not find a MXI-4 folder in the program files directory.  Have you tried to right-click on the chassis and select "identify?"

Regards,

David Hall | Applications Engineering | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,816 Views)
I figured it out.  The problem was that I did not have the up-to-date DAQmx and MAX was not generating the .ini file, but once I updated the software everything was just fine.

Thanks for the effort.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,807 Views)