PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Analog cards with ranges of 0-30 v and 0-70 v for a PXI system and voltage level configuration of that cards

Solved!
Go to solution

I am looking for Analog I/O cards with voltage range of 0-35 v and 0-70 v  to use in a PXI system. I have searched out and got the ranges up to +30 v and +70 v. Can anybody suggest me the cards with +35 v and +70 v range? And I also want to know that can we configure a card with different voltage levels as per requirements?  Kindly give suggestions Thanks

Waqar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,033 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Waqar55

Hi Waqar,

I’ve found the PXIe-4300 analog I/O card which does have a user selectable input with the TB-4300B. This will allow you to have input ranges of 30, 60, 150, and 300 V. This will allow you to measure both 35 V and 70 V signals. However, this is a PXIe card, which will not work in a PXI chassis.

On the PXI side, I’ve found the PXI-6230 card which has bank isolation of 60 V. This means that you could measure a signal from 40 to 60 volts. This could potentially work for you 35 V signal (15 V – 35 V) but would not work for a 70 V signal.

Which cards are you currently looking at that have voltage ranges up to 30 V and 70V?

Christine S

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,007 Views)

Hi csparkles,

I am actually going to purchase a PXIe system. And the card you suggested for PXIe system will work for me...Thanx.

I found so many cards with 30v range like PXI-6514 hybrid bus type. And it was 60v card (PXI-6528 hybrid) not 70v, mistakenly typed 70v.

I have one more confusion about hybrid and PXIe bus types. Will the hybrid bus type cards work fine in a PXIe chasis system? And which card type is better for PXIe system, hybrid or PXIe card?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,902 Views)

Hi Warqar,

Here’s an article that explains a little more about using PXI cards with a PXI Express chassis: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3882/en/. Under the second section, it explains hybrid slots and the compatibility with both PXI and PXIe modules. Keep in mind that PXIe cards will work in any slot, and PXI cards will work in the hybrid slots which are limited in number.

Christine S

Applications Engineer

Message 4 of 4
(3,881 Views)