From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop hangs when connecting PXI-box via NI ExpressCard-8360

The display on my old laptop died recently so I had to get a new laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad W530). I have a PXI1033 with two PXI-4461 (2-Input/2-Output Dynamic Signal Analyzer) and one PXI-4410 (Programmable Power Supply). When I connect the PXI-box to my new laptop via an ExpressCard-8360 cable sooner or later my computer hangs while detecting the hardware and when I unplug the cable I get the blue screen of death. The computer is running Windows 7, 64-bit, and has 8 GByte of RAM and I have chosen drivers that are compatible with LabVIEW 8.5.1. I suspected the following was the reason:

"Possible System Hang with Third Party PXI Modules for some NI PXI Systems with a 64-bit Operating System"

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/85A51FFABE5C17F886257995001AF369

but I got the exact same behavior on another computer with my harddrive and only 4 GBytes of RAM. Any hints on how to find the cause of this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,695 Views)

I found a solution. In BIOS, go to Config, then Power and then change "PCI Express Power Management" from Enabled to Disabled and change "Express Card Speed" from Auto to Generation 1.

Message 2 of 2
(4,677 Views)