PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop hangs when connecting PXI-box via NI ExpressCard-8360

The display on my old laptop died recently so I had to get a new laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad W530). I have a PXI1033 with two PXI-4461 (2-Input/2-Output Dynamic Signal Analyzer) and one PXI-4410 (Programmable Power Supply). When I connect the PXI-box to my new laptop via an ExpressCard-8360 cable sooner or later my computer hangs while detecting the hardware and when I unplug the cable I get the blue screen of death. The computer is running Windows 7, 64-bit, and has 8 GByte of RAM and I have chosen drivers that are compatible with LabVIEW 8.5.1. I suspected the following was the reason:

"Possible System Hang with Third Party PXI Modules for some NI PXI Systems with a 64-bit Operating System"

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/85A51FFABE5C17F886257995001AF369

but I got the exact same behavior on another computer with my harddrive and only 4 GBytes of RAM. Any hints on how to find the cause of this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,699 Views)

I found a solution. In BIOS, go to Config, then Power and then change "PCI Express Power Management" from Enabled to Disabled and change "Express Card Speed" from Auto to Generation 1.

Message 2 of 2
(4,681 Views)