PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW does not work with ASP.NET

Hi,
 I have written a simple LabVIEW code and created as a dll. The same dll works fine with VB.NET. When called in ASP.NET hangs at the LabVIEW  dll call.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,999 Views)
Hey HCL Tech,

There is no particular reason why the program won't work in ASP.NET and will in VB.NET.  Are you sure that you have included all of the dependencies?  There is a program called dependency walker that will give you a list of things that you need to include to get your project running.  Does this program work without the LabVIEW DLL?  What are you doing in the DLL?  Just for future reference, this sounds more like a LabVIEW question, and this thread will get much more attention in that section. 

In any case if you are having additional problems please repost with additional information!
Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,990 Views)

Hi Andy,

Even I am not sure, why it works with VB and not with ASP.NET.

I have an ASP.NET application, which was working with LabVIEW dll, called ATE.dll (Ate.dll has 14 vis in it) before. For LabVIEW dll to work with ASP.NET, I modified global.asax file in my ASP.NET program. So all these days it was working fine. But now I had a requirement change. So I have modify two vi's in the ATE.dll. So, I modified those VIs and created ATE.dll again and replace with the old one. But now  ASP.NET application hangs at DLL call. If I replace new ATE.dll with the old ATE.dll, it works fine. But Visual basic code works perfectly fine with the new ATE.dll

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,982 Views)