PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW RT not starting correclty

Hello,

I've an application that is running on LabVIEW RT 8.5.  It is configured to run as startup.  On some errors conditions the application reboots the PXI controller.  This works fine most of the time.  However, sometimes labVIEW RT doesn't start correclty and we get the current message on our display: "Transfering control to user program".  The controller hangs up there, the application isn't started and the controller can't be accessed by FTP.  The controller must then be manually powered off and on.

Does someone has this problem before?  What can be the reason for this behavior?

Regards,

Patrick Lessnick
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,024 Views)
plessnick,

How often does this behavior occur?  Is there a particular error that initiates the failed reboot?  Can you give us some more details on the hardware you are using the the Real-Time application you have developed?
Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,015 Views)

Mark,

We are using a 8106RT controller.  The only services that the user application uses are: Ethernet, Shared Variables(Host), Serial port.

The bootup problem happens only a few times in many reboots.  The last time, it was a custom error that trigs the reboot.  In fact, all our loops are stopped on an error and one of them was whacking the watchdog.   after a certain amount of time, the system is reset as the watchdog expires.

I experienced the error once by manually rebooting the PXI.  So it is not only happening after a software error.  The PXI error log is empty.Regards,

Regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,013 Views)
plessnick,

My best recomendation is to create a program with simliar error and watchdog functions that can isolate the behavior and reproduce it on every reboot.  Once we can do that it will be easier to analyse what is causing the hang.
Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,994 Views)