PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lab VIEW 8.5.1 Installation verification

Hi My name is Shimon,

I need to know if the the Lab VIEW 8.5.1 RT installing is correct and if not what shall I do?
  1. I've formated the NI8127 (CPU) unit with the format disk unit.
  2. I've installed the all of the NI drivers with the master PC.
  3. I've  seen on the NI8127 Monitor the massage that there is the 8.5.1 installation.
  4. Seen on the measurement & Automation unit the following massage.

My problem are:

1. Should the Chassis 1 (PXI1000B) has to be with Unknown/Empty while there are NI  PXI 6071E and PXI6527 units on the Remote system, like there is in the PXI1000B (Remote system)?
  2. The PXI contains also an Excalibur unit (all of the system worked correctly with Lab VIEW 6.1 RT unit till I've upgrade the system program to Lab VIEW 8.5.1 ) but it doesn't recognize now (after the system upgrade)?
  3. Is there a Lab VIEW change that made thoe problem or there is a problem with my Intalation ?

Thanks,

Shimon.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,244 Views)

Sorry, I've forgot to add the picture....

Regards,

Shimon.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,243 Views)
Hi Shimon,

1) It sounds like you are using a PXI-8176 running Windows as a host PC, and you are connecting to a remote PXI-8176, is this correct? You should not be seeing any devices in your host PC if you do not have anything connected to it. The PXI-6071E and 6527 on the remote system should not turn up on your local system, so your like your MAX configuration looks correct.

2 & 3) You might possibly need to redownload the Excalibur drivers for LabVIEW RT to your systems so that it can be recognized.
Rasheel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,220 Views)
Hi Rasheel,

1. Yes that's correct.- I'm running a Host PC as a host PC, and I'm connecting to PXI-8176, NI6071, NI6527 and the Excalibur unit as remote systems.
  2. How do I remove the PXI system from the host PC?
  3. How do I download the thired party system (The Excalibur card) to the PXI8176 CPU remote system?

Thanks,

Shimon.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,208 Views)
Hello Shimon,

As long as you see your system under Remote Systems, you should be ok.  If you really would like, then you can right-click on the PXI system under My System and select "Delete all identifications".

As for the issue with the Excalibur card, let us deal with the issue in the other thread.

Have a great day!
Kameralina

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,191 Views)