PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Labview 8.2 or 8.5 RunTime compatible with Win 2000 or win 2003 server?

I don't think LabView runtime is compatible with Windows 2000 server, but is it compatible with Windows 2003 server (or any other server)? if so we may upgrade the OS to 2003 server. The reason is that we have a rakmounted Dell server and don't want to install XP on it.

Alternatively we could run XP on a virtual machine on top of the 2000 server, but haven't had any luck in getting the PXI USB (NI USB 6221) box to be recognized by the XP VM. Any suggestion on this would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

jp lande
UCHSC

(3,087 Views)

Hello,

According to the release notes for LabView 8.2 and 8.5, it is not supported on any of the windows server platforms.  It is possible that LabVIEW can be installed and run on a Windows Server 2000 or 2003 machine; however, this is not an officially supported operating system. That means the usual testing was not performed on such a machine, and problems encountered on those machines will not be addressed by our formal processes at this time. We have heard from some customers that LabVIEW will work, for the most part, on these systems.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

As for the USB 6221 and the Virtual Machine (VM) running XP, do you have the DAQmx driver along with Labview installed on the VM?  The DAQ driver can be downloaded from the link below.  Is the device driver (DAQmx) installed on the 2000 server?  I am curious to know what version of Labview and drivers you are using.  Since you are not able to see the USB 6221 in the VM’s Device Manager, are you able to see the device on the 2000 server?  Please try testing the hardware on another non-virtual machine to rule out hardware issues.

Drivers and Updates

Samantha
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,071 Views)