PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Dell T7400 workstation compatibile with PXI express?

Hello, is Dell T7400 workstation compatibile with PXI express?

I am using a PXIe-1065 chassis with a PXIe-8370 controller.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,233 Views)

Hello gnhj,

Thank you for your forum post. I see some information about issues with this Dell PC with this MXI link. Please find the following tested PC's with our MXI link.

I hope this will help you further,

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,221 Views)

Hello Martijn S.,

thanks for your reply. I had already seen the list of recommended pcs, but these listed are already relatively old.

For my application I need a lot of processing power, therefore I would like to buy a Dell Precision T7400 or T5400, but since I already had some problems with a Dell Precision 390, I would like to be sure that they do work with PXI express.

It would be great if anybody had some more information on PXI express compatibility with one of thes two workstations.

Best regards,

Mauro

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,219 Views)

Hello Mauro,

Thank you for your reply. I didn't found issues with the T5400. The T5400 hasn't been tested, but since there are known issues with the T7400 the T5400 would be better option. This PC hasn't been tested. It is to look if the mother board was used in more Dell PC's (which family is this Dell PC related to?) this will also give you some reference.

Most errors occurs because of the resources are not assigned properly by the bios, please find more information about this subject under this link. This link describes also what to do when a MXI link doesn't work, but mostly we are depending on the PC manufacturers solution in this matter.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,199 Views)